Monday, June 29, 2009

Car Boot Loot

What a glorious day it was on Saturday, the perfect day to wander to the ToeJam car boot sale for a bit of a gander. It was my first time to visit this haunt and I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised when I apprehensively ascended the dark stairway of the George Bernard Shaw and was greeted with a plethora of colour and energy. It felt as though a little piece of Williamsburg had somehow been magically transplanted into the heart of Dublin; a veritable Narnia moment. Because I am impossibly skint at the moment, I had to be content with first base - mere garment fondling, I could not take it all the way and actually make a purchase. Although I did make exceptions for a) a really cute badge made by the lovely Angela and b) an extremely tasty pitta/c) a delicious piece of pear and almond cake!











Here's the purty lil badge/brooch, made by Tazmanian Angela Cuthill. I just love birds of the avaian kind at the moment so it was hard to resist this beauty!








Angela's charming wares are also available through her etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6482983




The fabulous Rush and I, doing a spot of basking!

All Images courtesy of: moi !

No comments:

Post a Comment